Medlin Ellison posted an update 2 months, 1 week ago
Our home is our sanctuary. It is, of all places, where we feel safest. No wonder the phrases “there’s no place like home” and “home sweet home” came to be. On the other hand, the four walls of your house are not the only things which could protect you, the fence or wall and gate surrounding it also play a vital role in safeguarding you and your family.
This article discusses the important things you need to take note of when you are planning to put up custom made gates for your home.
1. The primary purpose of fences and gates is safety and security, so you need to make sure that your gate is of high quality. It should not be easily worn out or damaged. Reliability is the key. If you choose to put up double gates, weight should be equally distributed to avoid collapse. The design of the custom made gate also contributes to this factor. You might want to consider putting alarms, or if you really want maximum security, install voltage connections.
2. Space is another thing to consider when you decide to put up a custom made gate for your home. A sliding gate, overhead gate, or a toldos is ideal if you do not have enough space. A retractable slide gate is a two-piece slide gate which needs only half opening size. A swing gate may not be advisable since it requires a much bigger space to open into.
3. The material to be used is another thing to consider. Steel gates are always highly recommended to make gates firm and robust. However, if you choose a wooden custom made gate, make sure that the frame is made of metal or iron. Choose Redwood because it is relatively light and highly resistant to outdoor weather conditions and pest attacks.
4. Convenience is another thing. You would not want to get off from your vehicle and open the gate yourself then go back in your car then back out again to close it, or wait for someone to open and close it for you. That would be so inconvenient and time-consuming especially when you are in a hurry. An automated sliding or swing gate is great for people who do not want to be bothered by the need to open and close gates.
5. A gate obviously adds aesthetic value to a home. It makes the first impression for your house. It is actually the first thing which greets your guests, and so it must be something inviting and pleasing. Choose a design which compliments your house. The style should harmonize with the design of your house in some way.